Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Riparian owners

Riparian owners are those that own a stretch of a watercourse.  You normally own a watercourse if it either runs through your land, or, if it is on the boundary of your land, you may own up to the centre.  The deeds of a property or land will confirm ownership.

A summary of your responsibilities can be found on the following page published by The Environment Agency.

Hampshire County Council have produced a useful leaflet called Flood Risk Management Guidance for Landowners.

The parish council routinely collects groundwater level information and co-ordinates closely with The Environment Agency on issues relating to the Bourne Rivulet.  If you would like to receive our occaisional Updates for Riparian Owners, please contact the parish clerk to be added to the distribution list.